Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lake Powell

We went to Lake Powell with my family this last weekend. It was a total blast. We hadn't seen my brothers Colton and Jordan and Jordan's wife Jamie for 5 months, so it was really fun to see them. We stayed in a hotel in Page and docked on Wahweap. We wakeboarded, kneeboarded, banana tubed, cliff jumped, ate lots of food and played in the sand. I can't wait to go again and hopefully stay longer.
Lake Powell is so beautiful!!!
Kylee isn't too sure about the cold water.
Ben caught a lizard and Zac was totally extatic!! Did I mention Zac LOVES bugs and snakes and all those gross critters. The lizard is on Ben's hand, but you can barely see it.
I took this picture the las day we were there and Zac could barely keep his eyes open.

Me, Ben and Jordan jumped off some pretty high cliffs. It was fun acting like a crazy teenager again.

Colton caught a lizard too, but it decided to crawl on his back.
Zac tried to catch a lizard, but he's a little too slow.
Kylee pretty much wanted to sleep a lot. My mom made a great makeshift bed on the boat.

I guess Kylee likes the water and mud afterall.
The famous Banana tube. Zac had to ride right next to his Nanny. He's pretty much hooked to my mom's hip when she is around.
Al pretty much wanted to nap the whole time too. Isn't that sweet.
Ben and I are getting hammered by the banana tube. I actually hate that thing.
Colton, Ben, Dad, Jordan, Jamie, Kylee, Jenna, Jay and Jared hanging on the beach.


What a stud.
Of coarse we built sand castles.
Zac played on that thing with gramps for hours.
Ben tries to re-live the day when he used to jump and flip like a maniac. He did 2 runs and was totally burned out. He said that was his inspiration to start working out again. I actually rode the wakeboard too and even got a few good jumps, but of coarse no one took a picture of me becasue i'm the only one who ever takes pictures.
Kylee absolutely loves the sand. She doesn't even put it in her mouth.



Zac and Nanny had a blast playing in the H20. Jenna and Kylee playing in the sand.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

It looks like you had a great time!! It was good to talk to you tonight. I can't wait to see you if you come up in a couple of weeks! I hope Zack has a great birthday tomorrow! Love ya!

The Gallagher group said...

Hey I saw your blog throuh Amberlie's blog!! your kids are adorable!! Looks like you guys had fun in powell. We will have to get our kids together to do a park day!

Karole said...

That looks like so much fun!!! I would love to go to lake powell right now...Your kids are so cute and I need to call you so hopefull I will get some time tomorrow!!!

P.S.
It was good to see pics of the Washburn family, I haven't seen them in a long time!!!

Mike and Kelli said...

Ben Volmer...Is that you? Whoa, the blog world is small. How fun to come across your blog! Your family is gorgeous! I don't have a blog (I know, I'm boring boring boring and stuck in the stone age) but if you shoot me a quick email I'll send you a link to a slide show of my family. So fun to see the picts! Hope all is well.
Kelli Smith (Fairhurst-whoa,talk about old school)
kellijae@hotmail.com