Friday, September 26, 2008

Zachery turns 3

Zac turned 3 on September 19th. I can't believe I have a 3 year old. We went to Chucke Cheese on his actual birthday and then opened presents at home. On Saturday we had his big birthday party with all his little friends. One of Zac's favorite presents was a set of Knights that Grandma and Grandpa Volmer gave him. He had to sleep with one and the helmet kept falling off, so Zac would come out of his room and tell me I needed to find the helmet again.

Kylee enjoyed the opening of presents as much as Zac did. Maybe for her first birthday i'll just give her a big wad of wrapping paper.
The coon skin hat must have been picked out by Grandpa Volmer.
Ben and I gave Zac this riding horse and he has to wear his cowboy boots and hat whenever he rides it.
We had Zac's party at the Vivaldi park in Henderson. My mom and Dad came down for it. My mom helped me out a lot getting ready for the party. Thanks mom. I couldn't have done it without you.
Zac put stickers all over his arms and legs. That was a first. He usually wants one sticker on his hand for like one minute.

Zac is really into bugs right now, so I did a bug themed birthday party. I got the idea for the cake off the internet. I thought it turned out really cute. Once again it probably wouldn't have worked out so good if my mom hadn't helped me. Zac just wanted to rip the bugs off the second it was finished so he could play with them. Each kid got a bag filled with snakes, frogs, spiders, etc... and bug candies. I'm sure the little girls loved that.
I made little dirt (pudding) cups with gummy worms in them for all the kids. This picture only has a few of the kids in it. There were 17 kids at Zac's party, but of coarse it's impossible to get that many 2 and 3 year olds to sit down at the same time.
This is a terrible picture of me, but Zac looks cute blowing out his candles. They actually wouldn't stay lit becasue it was too windy. Every year on Zac's birthday it has been super windy.

Colton gave Zac these Camo PJ's. I'm sure Ben's brother Dave would approve.


After Zac's party was over we went and ate at Pei Wei and Zac insisted on wearing his new goggles.
My Mom and Dad gave Zac a new bike and he really loves it. He can pedal, but he can't steer yet, so he doesn't ride it for very long. He wants to practice every day though.
What a present!!!
Zac wanted Andrew to help him open his presents.
This was the first present Zac opened. It was a bug vacuum. He was so excited about it that he didn't want to open any more presents. That's why Andrew had to help.



7 comments:

Jamie said...

The party looked fun! Zach and his little friends are all so cute. I can't wait to see you guys next weekend!!

Bockholt said...

i love the camo pjs, im thinking kyla is gonna get a bit wad or wrapping paper too!

Karole said...

Oh what fun!!! Zach is so cute and it looks like he had a fun birthday party. Sorry we didn't stop to see you when I came through town but it was really late the one night and then the kids were sleeping at that point on the way home:( I would have loved to see you! I will let you know when we come through again and hopefully it works out a little better. I need to call you, so I will try to do it this week...I promise!!!

Jill said...

Happy birthday to the birthday boy! He's the perfect combo of you and Ben. I love your cake!

And I'm so jealous of Lake Powell. It's so gorgeous there! I miss going there since my parents sold their houseboat share 2 years ago. But I must admit, just the sight of that banana boat thingy makes my stomach hurt. Ya gotta love it.

Shawneen said...

Stephanie! I was so excited you found me! Your family is adorable, and how fun is that, we both found our Bens to marry us and give us two little kids! I am so happy to find you happy and well. And I have to say that we both have excellent taste in swim suits. We have to stay in touch! How is Robyn doing by the way, I didnt see her on your blog?

The Bevans said...

It was so fun running into you and your cute kids after all these years! Looks like life is treating you well and you have survived law school. Congrats!

The Gallagher group said...

What a cute party!! When Portlin turned 3 in June it was so crazy it seams so old ha! He looked like he had a lot of fun!