Thursday, June 10, 2010

Baby Adam is born!!!!

Adam John Volmer was born Sunday June 6th @ 3:42 p.m. He was 7lbs. 4oz. and 20in. Labor and delivery went very well and painless for the most part. We had a little scare during delivery because the cord was wrapped around the babies neck twice very tightly and there was also a knot in the cord. He came out pretty blue, but as soon as the doctor cut the cords off him he started to get some color. She kept saying that he was a very lucky baby and was glad that we decided to take him a week early. If the knot had been much tighter his life line would have been cut off, so we are very blessed and happy to have him here safe and healthy. So far he is a very calm baby.











Sporting his skinny legs.

Kylee is like the little mom. She is constantly wanting to hold him and help me change his diapers. She is a little disappointed that she can't feed him a bottle yet. As much as she loves him, she is also kinda rough around him and has thrown her share of tantrums since he's been born. I definently can't leave her unattended around the baby yet.

Zac is so happy to have a little brother. When Adam was first born he looked a lot like Zac. It'll be interesting to see if they will look much a like or not. Right after I took this picture Zac dropped the babies head and said "I think he just pooped mom". Good thing I was sitting right there to grab the baby.

This is what Kylee showed up in the day after Adam was born.

My mom was here to watch my kids while I was in labor. They even waited outside in the hall and got to come in the room just after the baby was born. She stayed here with us for a few days and now she has taken Zac and Kylee home with her. It's been kinda quiet around here today, but it will be nice to spend lots of one on one time with Adam and i'll get to take lots of naps.





I know i'm biased, but isn't he soooo cute???













12 comments:

Nicki Swilor said...

Congrats! He is a cutie!

Bairds said...

He is darling!! Congrats Steph, can't wait to meet the little guy!

Grant and Candice said...

Congratulations! He is so cute! So glad that everything turned out O.K. for him. That is so scary.

Brittany and Daniel said...

Congradulations!! He is so darling. I am glad everything went well. Its kinda crazy you and Stacey had boys and in a couple of weeks I will too.

Kim said...

Congrats! What a little cutie! I'm glad everything went well for you!

Angela Richards said...

Steph--he is sooo cute. Congrats again!

Wendi Oyler said...

Congrats Steph. He is sooo cute!! I think he looks alot like Zack. Guess the boys will look like Ben and the girls you!

Matt And Robin said...

He is adorable Steph! I am with you, usually their little faces are squished but he was born HANDSOME :). Congrats!!!!

ricci said...

Oh my Heck!! he is sooooo cute and I am so jelous!! Congrats!! Such a scare!! glad he's doing good! the kids are getting so big and look great. Call when you guys are around we would love to come and see you! miss you!

Emilee said...

Congratulations Steph! I'm glad everything went well.

Mike and Kelli said...

He is so so sweet. And seriously, no one should be allowed to look that good after labor! Way to go!

The Jacobson Family said...

Congrats he is so cute! It was fun seeing your kids at Shandon's wedding with your mom and Jared.