Saturday, August 14, 2010

Kentucky Trip!!!!

Teri and I went to Kentucky a few weeks ago to visit one of our very best friends, Sarah. We had so much fun seeing her and meeting her family and rollin Kentucky style. It took us all day to fly there with our lay overs and delays, but Adam was a trooper and we were so excited to get there that we didn't care.

When Sarah picked us up from the airport she took us to a barbeque place called Calhoun's. We ate all you can eat ribs and it was yummy. Her brother Joe came too and I'm sure he thought we were nuts with all our girl talk and picture taking.





Sarah drew a picture when she was little and it ended up being quilted and hung up in the Scottsville library, so she took us to see her claim to fame.

"The Square" which is basically the little main down town part of scottsville.

A cute little botique on the square.

We went to Amish country and ate the best sandwiches and pie. We saw Amish people riding around in horse and buggies, but you're not allowed to take pictures of them.

Sarah and Ben sharing their pie.


This is outside of Habeggar Amish Market. Ben is in the buggie climbing around.

Sarah cooked us country fried steak and it was delicious. If you notice a trend, we did a lot of eating. Kentucky folk like to eat and it's probably because they make such good food.

William enjoying his pie that we brought home for him. I wish Zac and him were going to be able to grow up together.

Jane was sleeping in her crib and she looked like a little adult. She opened her eyes just before I got a picture of it. She is so cute!

The small town grocery store. I thought the grocery store in my home town was kinda small, but this thing is tiny.

Me and Sarah posing for the beautiful landscape in the background. It was too dark though, so you can't really see much.

We watched valentines day on a big projector screen at Sarah's mom's friends house. It was like being in a movie theater only better because we had comfortable reclining seats.

We went to bed late every night and got up early every morning (the 2 hour time difference didn't help). Teri lasted about 30 seconds trying to be a good little saint and read her scriptures before she tanked out. Teri and I slept in a room together with the baby, so she got to put up with our middle of the night feedings. I'm still tired from that trip, but it was so worth it.

This little pond is on Sarah's parents property not too far from their house.

Teri and Sarah on the golf cart. This is how they get around on their 50 acres. Wouldn't it be nice to have that much space for your kids to play.

There is also a creek on their property that is down a pretty steep incline. You have to walk through lots of bushes and trees to get to where you can see it. Sarah warned us of ticks, but me being the adventurous one talked everyone into going in there. Well guess what happened; when we got home and checked our clothes mine had the tiniest little ticks you've ever seen all over them. I had to shower all over again and wash my clothes and I still kept finding little ticks on me. That is the only downfall with Kentucky. I think i'm tick free, but if I turn up with lime's disease it will be my own fault because I was fully warned.

Sarah's brother Johnny was our designated picture taker on the trip. He was also my personal muscles because he carried Adam in the car seat everywhere we went. He is a really nice and thoughtful boy.

Eating really good ice cream at Chaney's Dairy Barn. Pretty sure I gained a few pounds on this trip.



We went to the famous Corvette museum in Bowling Green. I am such a good poser (haha!). I had never even heard of the place, but apparently it's big time. That is where all the Corvettes are made or something.

Just a picture of the country roads that Sarah went about 90 miles an hour on, and they are barely wide enough for 2 cars to fit on.

I think this was a baptist church. There are churches all over the place. Sarah calls it the Bible belt.

This is basically what you saw a lot of while driving around. Green grass and fields and trees and barns everywhere. It is really pretty.

Sarah's backyard!!!

Aren't we cute!!!

Sarah's parents house from the top of the lane. I am so glad we got to go visit her in Kentucky. We had so much fun just hanging out and eating and talking and seeing the sights. We even got to stay an extra day because our flights got delayed. That was a little annoying because the airport is in Nashville which is an hour and 30 minutes from Sarah's house and we drove all the way to the airport and had to turn around and drive back to her house. I didn't really mind becasue we got to stay longer, but I felt bad that Sarah had to do all that driving. We almost didn't make it home the next day either because of airplane malfunction problems, but by some miracle we ended up on a totally different flight that got us home just a few hours later than planned. Thank you so much Sarah for letting us come and showing us your stomping grounds. I can't wait for our next girls trip in NYC.





























0 comments: