Monday, October 27, 2008

Zac's bad day

When I got home from California Zac had acquired a hamster (thanks a lot mom!). He's actually kinda cute. Zac named him Sam and he loves to watch him run in his little treadmill at night. Sam sleeps all day and runs all night. There have been several times where Zac has fallen asleep with his head up by the hamster cage (it's right at the end of his bed).

Zac begs me to het Sam out. We try to hold him once a day, so he will get used to us. Ben or I hold him and Zac pets him. Well last thursday when I got Sam out everything was fine, but when we put him away I was taking some pictures and Zac tried to pet him in the cage. I didn't quite see what happened, but apparently the hampster bit Zac really hard. He cried and said "mom the hampster bit me way too hard". He said he was never going to pet Sam again, but that didn't last long becasue we had him out today and zac was totally petting him.


Zac was supposed to be taking a nap on my bed, but this is what he was doing instead. For some reason he took all of his clothes off. Oh actually you'll find out why in the next picture. FYI: Zac has pretty much ousted his naps and it's frustrating me to death. I need a little relaxation time in the day and so does he, not to mention that Kylee needs naps too and when Zac is awake the whole house is awake.

So I think Zac is sleeping in my room when all of a sudden he starts crying hysterically. I go running in there to find him totally naked sitting on the toilet with water spewing out everywhere. Apparently Zac tried wiping his self and used way too much toilet paper. All I could do was laugh. I'm not sure if Zac was terrified of the water coming out or of the thought of me getting mad at him. I had to use 12 towels to soak up all the water. After I got it cleaned up all Zac could talk about was how water just kept coming up out of the ground.

Getting bit by a hampster and flooding the toilet all in one day is not really suprising when the word Zac is involved.




7 comments:

Jamie said...

Haha! Zac's so funny! I wasn't too surprised to see him naked...he seems to like that! We miss you guys already!!

Kim said...

What at traumatic day for your little guy! I admit I did laugh a little bit about the flooding toilet. At least you laughed and took the time to snap a picture or two!

Jennifer Clement said...

What a funny guy! And congrats to Ben for passing!

Jill said...

Poor kid! Losing the nap is the worst! I still make Joseph have "room time" for 45 minutes or so while Justin is napping. Then I can get something done while he plays in his room.

Way to document the toilet overflow! Joseph also uses way too much tp. I've been trying to teach him to count the squares.

Congrats to Ben. That is so exciting!

Karole said...

I know how you feel with the toilet situation! Isaac had flooded my toilet 3 times and Braxton has flooded it once. It's such a pain to clean up, I hate it...now Isaac won't even wipe himself because he is so scared it will flood:)

Cute story!

Stacey said...

Oh Steph aren't they just great! Caden has been putting stuff in the toilets too! I'm hoping this phase will soon pass!

Janielle Nelson said...

Wow!!! Okay, so my kids have done the same thing...almost. Poor little guy, but poor you for having to clean it up. Aren't kids so much fun!!! All that dignity you thought you had, and then the kids show you otherwise!