Monday, November 17, 2008

Ben turns 30 AHHH!!!

Ben turned 30 on November 10th. That was a monday, so he had to work all day and I had to watch 4 kids that night. To make up for it Me, Zac and Kylee took him to lunch. We also decorated his car and made him his favorite carmel brownies to have when he got home. My dad and my brother Jordan were actually in town, so they celebrated with us too.

Zac had to help Ben blow out the candles. He also opened all of Ben's presents. Once you have kids even your birthdays aren't your own anymore.

Zac had a blast playing on the hood of Ben's car while I doctored it up.


I got tagged a while ago and I thought this would be a good time to post my HUSBAND BRAG TAG!!!



1. Where did you meet? At Retrix (Rexburg's version of a club; it was country dancing night). My roomate Ang and I snuck out after curfew. I actually danced with Ben's roomate Brant, but I did meet Ben.

2. How long did you date before you were married? We knew each other for over 2 years, but we only actually officially dated for a year and a half.
3. How long have you been married? 61/2 years.
4. What is the one thing he does that surprises you? He can sing just about any rap song there is word for word. (probably not the stuff that's been out in the last 8 years because he doesn't listen to rap anymore thankfully).
5. What is your favorite feature about him? His eyes and his jaw line (that's kind of random)
6. What is your favorite quality about him? His love and knowledge of the gospel.
7. Does he have a nickname for you? Not really.
8. What's his favorite color? Red.
9. What is his favorite food? Indian or Thai food.
10. What is his favorite sport? He loves all sports during their season, but I think basketball is his very favorite (to watch and to play).
11. Who said "I love you" first? Ben; we were in my parents basement talking and it was like 3 in the morning. He was really embarassed, but he said "Steph I think i'm falling in love with you." It was really sweet.
12. When and where was your first kiss? I hate to admit this one, but we were actually driving in my car with a bunch of other people playing truth or dare. It was mostly silly stuff, but I ended up sitting on Ben's lap while he was driving and we had to kiss for like 5 seconds or something. We weren't even dating at this point, but I think we both kindof liked each other. I was super embarassed, but I must admit I was like 'wow he is a really good kisser'. What's really annoying is that neither of us can remember when we kissed for the first time on our own free will.
13. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Going out to eat is probably our very favorite, but we also like to go on drives and walks, and lately we like to set up Ben's lap top in our room and watch a movie after we put our kids to bed.
14. Do you have any kids? Yes; a boy (Zac) and a girl (Kylee).
15. What is a hidden talent of his? He can play the guitar pretty well.
16. How old is he? 30 (haha!!)
17. What do you admire most about him? The fact that he would rather hang out with me and the kids than do anything else. He really loves his family.
18. What is his favorite past time? He loves to read or watch sports.
19. What is his favorite kind of music? He likes all types of music, but country is probably his favorite.
20. Do you think he will read this? Yes; he actually likes to check our blog every once in a while.

3 comments:

Karole said...

Happy Birthday Ben!!! 30 years old...I remember thinking that was soooo old. I still feel like we are kids:) Well, looks like you had a good time. You need to let me know when you will be in Sanpete...maybe we will be there at the same time. Call me!

Mike and Jenny said...

Loved the husband brag tag!

Wendi Oyler said...

Happy Birthday Ben! Awww, the good old Ricks College days. We had so much fun.
We are coming to Vegas for Thanksgiving. Are you going to be around?