Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight

Okay so I saw the movie Twilight last friday and I loved it. I'll admit it I am one of the millions who are pathetically in love with Edward Cullin (Don't worry Ben you're still my true love). I wasn't sure about the guy they chose to play his part, but after seeing the movie I think he was PERFECT. How would it be to have someone love you that much and with so much intensity and he is soooo sweet to Bella. I mean I know Ben loves me and all, but wow! I thought I might be disappointed by the movie becasue the books were so good and usually the movie is never as good. I wasn't disappointed at all except for the fact that I wanted it to be longer so that we could get to know all the other characters (especially the Cullen family) better. Let's face it though they would have had to make the movie like 5 hours if they wanted to add everything. Some of my favorite scenes were when the Cullen's play baseball, and of coarse Bella and Edward's first kiss. I also loved it when Edward picked Bella up for school and everyone is staring at them and he puts his arm around her and says something about how he is going to hell anyway. There were so many scenes I loved and a few missing that I wish would have been there, but overall I was very happy with the movie. I think the reason people love these books so much is because it makes you want to be in love or it takes you back to when you first fell in love. Everything is so exciting when you first fall in love with someone. I remember when I first met Ben and whenever I would see him I would get so excited and nervous. I thought he was perfect. Sometimes it's good to go back to that after you've been married for a while and you've realized that he's not perfect and not everything he does is so sweet like you thought it was when you were dating. I am still totally in love with Ben, but love changes and it's not that same take your breath away excitement when you see that person or kiss them for the first time or whatever. I'm probably not making much sense, but in my head I know what i'm trying to say. Ben is totally going to make fun of me after he reads this. He already thinks i'm a dork for staying up until the crack of dawn to read these books. At least I didn't attempt going to the midnight showing. I mean I had enough stamina to wait until Friday night. I really hope they continue to make movies of the other books. Anyway, I would love to hear anyone else's opinion on the movie.

4 comments:

Bairds said...

I absolutly loved the movie...and Scott actually liked it too! If I compare it to the book I think of too many things that were different, so I don't. The only actor that wasn't my favorite was Jacob, he reminds me of an orc from Lord of The Rings. Glad you liked it too because I've been hearing from a lot of others that they didn't.

Bockholt said...

Me, my sis in law Kristy, and my mom loved the movie. I thought it was supper cute and will own it when it comes out. Chantal also went with us but she hated it.

Mike and Kelli said...

I went last night and was pleasantly surprised. I was definitely skeptical of the actor they chose for Edward but after seeing the movie am definitely converted. Fabulous job! Love it!
Kelli Smith
PS-Your analysis of how love changed wasn't confusing, anyone how has been married for a few years should understand completely. :)

Jill said...

Loved it!!!! I want to see it again, and I never want to see movies twice. I'm totally with you on Edward. He's a hottie.

And I agree as well about the way love changes with time. These books make you feel like you're in high school again, in a good way.