Sunday, November 9, 2008

Kylee's 1st birthday!!!!!

I don't know where this year went. I can't believe Kylee is already 1. She is growing up way too fast. We are so lucky to have her sweet little spirit in our lives. I just had to dress her up to be the "Queen of the day". She only lasted about 5 minutes in this dress because it hinders her crawling abilities and she gets quite upset.





The crown lasted less than 5 minutes, but atleast she was a good sport for a few pictures.


I think she's eyeing her present.


Kylee is preparing to eat her first cupcake ever. She actually picked out the one she wanted by sticking her feet into it.


I did a butterfly/flower theme. After I made these I didn't want anyone to eat them. All that work goes down the drain in 2 seconds.


Zac was feeling like he needed to help Kylee pose. I thought he was going to be really jealous and stuff, but he was actually extra nice to her on her birthday and he wasn't sad at all about her getting all the presents. He just couldn't wait to eat cupcakes.


So Kylee decided to touch the fire. I think it burned her finger a little.


Yep. Pretty sure it burned her finger. She never cries unless there is good reason.


She got over the candle incident pretty quick and dove right into her cupcake. She just learned to feed herself about a week ago. That was good timing because it would have been kinda lame if I had to feed it to her.


I think she likes it.


This is what Ben and I gave her. Zac loved it as much as Kylee, so I guess it was a hit. Zac says he's sharing it with her. What a sweet brother to share her own toy with her (haha!!). By the way Zac is in his underwear because he decided he needed a bath while the rest of us were eating and getting ready for the cupcake feast. I had to bribe him to get out and join us. He wanted to be naked, but I made him at least put his undies on.
We had the Zastrows, the Parsons and our neighbor Bonnie over to eat cupcakes and sing happy birthday to Kylee with us. I'm glad we have such good friends here to celebrate special occasions with us when our families can't be here. We love and miss all of you and hope you enjoy our recap of the big ONE.












10 comments:

Bockholt said...

Its already been a year? She looks so cute in her princess outfit and those cupcakes could be in a magazine. You little Martha Stewart you.

Jamie said...

Happy birthday Kylee!!! And Ben too!

Karole said...

Wow, it just seems like yesterday that you called to say you had her! She is a DOLL!!! Looks like she had a happy birthday! Try to keep the candles away from her too:)

Kelli Cox said...

Stephaine, okay this is so crazy. I just started my own blog last month. I started adding my friends on thier and Candice howe,Richardsen now. Is a friend from high school and i noticed your blog i thought i know her. anyway, I'm Kelli Cox i was in your ward down in henderson I owend that scrapbook store that we use to have scrap nights at. Well i thought how cool is that. Your kids are so cute i see you got a girl before i left you did not know yet. Are you still in the same ward? If so how is it. I miss Kristen and others thier but i still keep in touch with her. Sounds like things are going great been past the bar. AWESOME!!!! I was wondering how you know Candice??? anyway i think this is great. I hope to stay in touch. My e-mail is kellicoxshop@hotmail.com or my blog is jerryandkellicox.blogspot.com. Talk to ya later!!!

Laura Larsen said...

Wow, the cupcakes look yummy. Kylee is such a cutie!!! You definately know how to plan a party.

Mike and Jenny said...

Loved the bday pics - it was great to see you guys at the reception after being sworn in. Hope you survived the big 3-0 Ben, Mike seems to be doing fine so far...

ricci said...

Wow a year really does fly by. she looks like she really enjoyed the birthday.(and the cake) What would we do without these kids. I didn't realize how close her and Zacks birthdays were. tell her happy birthday for us and XOXOXO

Angela Richards said...

Stephanie- I am so happy you found me! Cute family! I love Kylee's Halloween costume. She is so adorable and I can't believe how big Zac is. Time flies. Love ya tonz.

Kim said...

I can't believe our babies are so close in age! Brynlie turned one on the 15th so they're less than a week apart! She is darling, looks like she had a fun day!

Hoggan and Julie said...

So impressed with your cupcake skill.