Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Party #2 (preschool at my apartment)

Zac is in preschool/joyschool. There are 6 kids in the group and each mom takes a week to hold preschool at their house. We do it on mondays and wednesdays for 2 and a half hours. It was my turn the week of halloween, so on wednesday we had a fun little party and all the kids wore their costumes. That is a bowl of spaghetti noodles. It's called the goo game. The kids had to dig through it to find prizes. I have to tell you that Zac pretty much monopolized on the prizes. All the other kids found 1 or 2 things and they were satisfied, but zac had to find as many as he could. He wasn't about to share either. Good thing none of the other kids really cared.

We did a few dry ice experiments which was a huge hit with the kids. I put water and dish soap in with this one and it bubbled all over the place. I also put dry ice in with just water and it steamed all over and the kids were trying to blow the steam away. I made sparkling apple juice by putting some dry ice in it and letting it dissolve.

We made stuffed ghosts for our craft and the kids were flying them all through the apartment.


We ate Mummy fingers (hot dogs wrapped in biscuits), zombies arm (jell-0 set in a rubber glove and then I poured strawberry topping and grated chocolate on top), and apples for lunch. The kids loved the mummy fingers, but they wouldn't eat the zombies arm. I guess that was a little too morbid for 3 and 4 year olds.


Chrissy, Collin, Kawai, Zac, Hailey, Malakai and me. I dressed up like a witch so I could join in the fun. The kids kept reassuring themselves that I was a nice witch and they wanted me to carry a broom stick with me everywhere I went. I have to say teaching preschool is a lot of work. I'm glad Zac is involved in this though. He really loves it and I only have to do it every 6 weeks.




0 comments: